GIANT RECON HL200 AND RECON TL200 COMBO
A great choice for commuters, the Recon HL200/TL200 kit features a high flash mode which ensures daytime visibility and automatic mode switch to steady/flash at night, allowing motorists to see you from as far away as 1km.
- Additional information
- Reviews (134)
– Maximum output to 200 lumens
– ANSI-Standard certified lumen output and runtime
– Water proof to IPX7 standard
– Two-lens focused and dispersed optics with side light design for over 270-degrees of visibility
– Power status indicator alerts remaining run-time before powering off
– Light memory mode
– Compatible with Rev Comp, Compel, Roost and Prompt series helmets
– Compatible with saddle rail mount, providing optimal angle for visibility
Bicycle lighting is illumination attached to bicycles whose purpose above all is, along with reflectors, to improve the visibility of the bicycle and its rider to other road users under circumstances of poor ambient illumination. A secondary purpose is to illuminate reflective materials such as cat’s eyes and traffic signs. A third purpose may be to illuminate the roadway so that the rider can see the way ahead. Serving the latter purposes require much more luminous flux and thus more power.
Many jurisdictions require one or more bicycle lights to be fitted to bicycles ridden at night — generally a white light in the front and a red light at the back.
The use of lights for night riding is generally recommended or required by authorities as a basic safety precaution, even in a well-lit urban context. Studies show a correlation between collisions and failure to use lights even during daytime.